Here are two easy but great meals for super Sunday!
Time to break out the Ninja Cooking System again for my new pulled pork slider easy recipe! This recipe can be cooked in the slow cooker while you attend your child’s sporting event. When you get home just remove and fork the pork, throw together coleslaw, and Cuban Black Beans and its dinner time.
Serves 6 with lots of leftovers.
4 lbs boneless pork shoulder
1 large onion sliced into thin rounds
1 C chicken stock (canned)
1 C coke
3/4 C BBQ sauce
2 cloves garlic – minced
1 Tbsp chipotle sauce
1 tsp chili pwder
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp dried cumin
1/2 tsp salt
12 Slider buns
1 ten oz package of pre-shreded cabbage
1 carrot cleaned and sliced into small thin juliennes
3 green onions – sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine and mix coleslaw mixture and then add 1/8 cup Italian dressing.
Mix and refrigerate.
For Cuban Beans:
Make a real hard bean recipe or buy a can of Cuban Black Beans.
Pulled Pork Preparation:
In your Ninja Cooking system (or in fry pan) add 1 Tbsp olive oil and saute onions.
Add pork to Ninja (or add pork and onions to slow cooker)
In mixing bowl add all other ingredients and stir to mix.
Add contents of mixing bowl to pork and onions pouring it over the pork. Lift the pork up to get mixture underneath.
Turn Ninja onto to slow cooker – low heat and figure out something to do for the next 7 hours.
When you plate the dish, place heaping amount of pork on each slider and top with a little coleslaw. Add coleslaw and beans to plate, and you;re ready for a great family meal!
BUT WAIT THERE IS ANOTHER KILLER EASY RECIPE
Shrimp Street Tacos: This is so simple and really a fun time.
Ingredients: Serves 4 people
1lb Shrimp (peeled and deveined) use a medium to large size shrimp
Corn tortillas (min. 2 per person)
1 head lettuce
1to 2 ripe tomatoes
Sour Cream (light sour cream is fine for the calorie watchers)
Cheese (your choice, but we used medium sharp cheddar)
Old Bay seasoning (2 tbsp)
Cumin seasoning (1/2 tbsp)
Cayenne seasoning (1/2-1 tsp) This stuff brings the heat!
1-2 cans your choice black or refried beans (this will be your side)
Salsa of your choice
Corona and/or Tequila (c’mon do both, this is fun Mexican food!)
Pre Prep – this is important don’t skip!
- Put out bowl of chips and salsa.
- Open fridge, pass beers out to all friends. You are now well on your way!
- We are going to now make guacamole while every one enjoys a beer and some talking.
- Take 3 avocados, salsa, cilantro and 1 lime.
- Mix, mash, crush, avocados in a bowl. Add salsa to your liking, recommend 3-5 tablespoons. Squeeze fresh lime into bowl. Finely chop 1 tbsp of cilantro add to bowl. Mix all together and serve. Everyone is now smiling and loving you!
- Open fridge, pass out another round of beers if needed (yes, it’s needed )
- Cut shrimp into little cubes about 1/2 inch and drop into bowl
- Add seasoning and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Mix and set aside
Get several bowls out. We are going to prep all the taco fillings. Go ahead and prep more than you think you’ll need. This will be served buffet style so we want people to not be shy about filling up their tacos.
- Finely chop onion, tomatoes, lettuce, 1 avocado (small cubes), cilantro and grated cheese (1-2 cups). Slice limes
- Set all into individual bowls
Each tortilla needs to have a sprinkling of olive oil. This keeps them from sticking to the pan as you fry them, but also helps give a slight crunch and golden brown look. Follow my steps to achieve this goal and it’s a fairly low cal/grease technique. You want a slight coating on both sides. Not dripping, but coated.
- Sprinkle/drizzle oil over tortilla. Then grab another “dry” tortilla and rub them together spreading oil onto both tortillas.
It’s all about to happen really fast here, your guest should have a fresh beer and a guacamole grin or you must have missed a step somewhere.
- Pre heat one large pan/skillet (high heat)
- Pre heat one medium pan/skillet (medium high heat)
- Open beans, put into pot on low to simmer
- In large pan/skillet over high heat fry tortillas. The idea is to give each side a nice golden brown. You know it’s close when the tortilla starts to visibly bubble up. Flip as needed. When cooked, place on plate and cover.
- Add shrimp to medium pan. Cook for about 4 minutes or until pink. These guys cook fast!
- You are going to put this out buffet style. The idea is to recreate theBaja streetvendor feel. Everyone grabs a plate, tortilla, and goes down the line filling their tacos as they wish. You may want to lead the creative process by serving at least one plate to the cutest girl/guy of your liking. This will score you points and show everyone how it’s done : )
- Have a tequila toast and enjoy!
Good Eating and Table Talk,
Follow me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/EasyRecipesAndStuff and on Twitter @easyrecipesrog
The first in series Jack Fields and Amber Reyes adventure novel is available at all major e-book retailers.